Skip to content

Matrix

Please use this area to let us know what you like, dislike, or would change about the product and/or services in order to better meet your needs in the way you do business. If we ask for more information, please respond in order to ensure your ideas have a better chance of being made a reality!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

188 results found

1. Commission Report

Commission report should report based on actuals and forecasted dollars amounts. Gives a more realistic feel of where the AE is going to finish.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not likely something we will take on with our current direction at Matrix.  

Writing our own commission module isn't where we want to be when other systems already handle this, but that does NOT rule out an integration with one of these systems you may already have. 

We encourage you to speak with your success manager if you think an integration would be valuable SOW work.

Thank you.

2. Need a field that includes Budget on the Deal Managment page

It would be nice to be able to view the current years budget within the Deals Management area. Last years billing is available...but this years budget is not viewable.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Deals  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve reviewed this idea and do not feel it is valuable enough compared to other features that we will be working on.

Knowing that a budget can exist on multiple levels from the Salesperson to the Outlet to the Account it would not be a clear picture as to what problem is trying to be solved while working on a deal.

3. create a page access toolbar for the top of the accounts page, as there is for the bottom.

Now there is a < << Page x of X > >> Xv page access box on the bottom of the accounts page. Could you add one to the top? (I have this set to 100 acounts.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Accounts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Weighted Pending

Allow us to weight the months differently when entering the same deal.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Deals  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Through talking with customers and gathering feedback in various discussions we’ve come to the conclusion that the majority of sales teams consider these to be separate deals and in turn weight a deal as a whole.

If you are positive about July/Aug/Sept, but less sure about Oct/Nov/Dec then we found most salespeople are really working 2 different proposals or deals, not 1.

I’m not sure if this will help to explain it better but one manager compared it to Priorities on Accounts in that the account as a whole has a priority. It’s not by Outlet. It’s the spending potential of the Account as a whole, or in this case it’s the confidence in the Deal as a whole.

5. Managers Filter for Bird's Eye View

It would be nice if the Bird's Eye filter at the top of the page could be a global filter for all the elements on that page. For instance, when I want to look at the performance of an Account Executive, I would like to make that entire page specific to that A.E. Having to filter each section of the page to the A.E. is rather cumbersome. Example would be the deals section. When I select the A.E. at the top, it would be nice if the display throughout the page is specific to that A.E.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is something that will not be specifically implemented, but let me explain why.

We’re enhancing Matrix with our Monarch platform, and the Bird’s Eye View will not be a part of it. The content and questions it answers are definitely coming over, however!

Over the past 6 years we’ve learned what Managers and their Salespeople are looking for and feel we’ve come a long way and have some better ways to get you information that we’re going to focus on. Expect heavy emphasis on alerts and telling you where you might want to place your focus for the day instead of asking our users to dig up and locate information (just as an example)

You can expect to hear more about our new Monarch rollout throughout the year, at conferences and events that Matrix is attending, or just by asking your Success Manager at Matrix!

Thanks so much for…

6. Turn an Activity into a Deal

Give AE's the ability to modify an activity and turn it into a deal so that it follows the sales cycle and requires less typed entries

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Deals  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Matrix Calendar showing Completed Activities

It would be very helpful if Matrix would automatically put a strike through the activity/event subject on the Matrix internet calendar, that is completed. This would avoid double checking in Matrix if the activity is still open or not.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unable to reach out to the original requester in order to obtain additional information.

If you still feel this is an area of concern for improvement, please don’t hesitate to provide us with a bit more information and we’ll open this back up for consideration.

Thanks, and sorry for any inconvenience.

9. look at other AE's prospects

Would like to be able to make sure we're not calling on the same businesses...Can there be a way to not allow us to add a prospect business if it's already in the system under another AE's name? As well as a way to pull up a list of master accounts that have billed with us and a list of prospect accounts. There are too many times that we call on businesses that are already advertising with us or already working with another AE.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would like reports to open in the same window.

It is common for me to have multiple windows open because the navigation is not intuitive to go back to the reports page in order to run a new report. Loading this in the same window should minimize this issue.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Change layout of birds eye view to show the entire billing/forecasting account list

It would be nice if the account list that is currently billing or forecasted for could be viewed on the entire page rather than having to scroll through the smaller bar. This would make it easier to print and view. Perhaps it could be listed below the sales outlook and move the pending and proposed where the accout list is currently.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As an AE, the Bird’s Eye View currently shows you all accounts that have booked revenue or a forecasted amount.

We have no plans of showing the entire list of accounts on this page. If you need to see your accounts in a list format, please use the Accounts menu option under Lists.

12. change first day of week for the activity calendar

Would like to have the option to start our weekly calendars on Monday, rather than Sunday to coincide with the Broadcast calendar.

The broadcast calendar is a standardized calendar used primarily for the planning and purchase of radio and television programs and advertising.[1] Every week in the broadcast calendar starts on a Monday and ends on a Sunday, and every month has either four or five such weeks. Broadcast calendar months thus have either 28 or 35 days.
    The key link between the broadcast and Gregorian calendars is that the first week of every broadcast month always contains the Gregorian…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Entering Deals for Pending/Forecasting in a grid style

right now we have to go to deals / then each account from the list on the left individually. If all your accounts came up at the same time with the months you selected in a grid style showing this year against last year it would help out so much. You could see the 'holes' in your pending for the month/quarter/year. and there would be no back and forth in the system to enter a deal/pending. It's just really hard when you cant see the whole snapshot on one screen.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It sounds like you’re actually asking for a way to find accounts without pending in future months so that you can fill those gaps. This is a great idea for a future alert that we should be building for our users! I am going to add that to our backlog of needs internally and see if we can get moving on it.

At Matrix we don’t feel this grid style approach is the future. Multiple orders can be placed, multiple campaigns can be running, and all of this can be happening at the same time. Without splitting up by Deal and Campaign you’re not able to meet these needs.

Also we’re strengthening our integrations with Ad Servers and Billing Systems so that you can enter data into Matrix and it will automatically flow into those systems eliminating double entry concerns.

14. activities function more user friendly

It would help if the activities function was more user friendly. When completing an activity, the program should take you to the next activity, not to the beginning of all activities.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

unable to obtain additional information. If you can provide additional info on what your workflow is that should be enough to understand the need better.

At this time, I’m going to recommend that activities are completed as they occur. Whether at your desk making cold calls via the desktop website or on the road meeting with customers via the mobile site. You’ll always have the freshest information for your notes if you get in this habit which will almost guarantee not forgetting the details.

I equate this to my own role here at Matrix with requirements gathering and feedback. As the feedback happens, I take notes and adjust requirements to meet our needs instead of waiting for the next prioritization meeting. This helps me be more prepared and better suited towards making a great decision for our customers :)

Don’t hesitate to reply back if you want to discuss this…

15. Salesperson Preview

I am working on list scenarios and it would be helpful to allow other users to access the previews for review. As the GSM, I want the LSM to have the ability to review the propsed changes

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have decided to focus our efforts on our Monarch product which does not have this feature due to consistent lack of use within Matrix Web and previous products.

We have instead provided ways for managers to find the accounts that should be reassigned in order to keep communication flowing instead of playing out what if scenarios that only focused on revenue for decision making. We have also taken a look from the other end as a salesperson requesting ownership of Accounts as this is a growing trend and need of our users.

Thank you for your feedback!

16. deal longer than 12 months

It would be nice to be able to enter a deal that is longer than 12 months, which seems to be the maximum length available currently.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is probably not something that we are going to take on. As we move forward we are working on many integrations with Billing system and Ad Servers that have much smaller chunks of time and offer the salesperson an opportunity to manage a feedback loop and plan for new changes.

We never run into scenarios where a salesperson truly knows beyond 12 months (and typically only in the case of a full year buy) and as such we have opted to not create a poorer user experience on screen with larger amounts of data like this.

If the need comes up in the future we will definitely consider handling it, but our experience shows that there are many other features that users want before this.

17. copy info from account to contact

in addition to copying the address, copy over the phone, fax, website, etc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

These are not meant to be the values from the company that the contact is affiliated with.

We will unfortunately be declining this request as we will most likely not take this on.

18. Please add the previous year to Sales Person Preview

Would like to see the previous year in the salesperson pods (on the right side of the screen.) Some accounts are seasonal and haven't billed yet for the current year. Would help to see the entire picture.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have decided to focus our efforts on our Monarch product which does not have this feature due to consistent lack of use within Matrix Web and previous products.

We have instead provided ways for managers to find the accounts that should be reassigned in order to keep communication flowing instead of playing out what if scenarios that only focused on revenue for decision making. We have also taken a look from the other end as a salesperson requesting ownership of Accounts as this is a growing trend and need of our users.

Thank you for your feedback!

19. Forecasting and Pacing Reports - Month+2 include Totals for the Period

Have the option to list the "Totals" for the 3 month period (i.e.: Oct/Nov/Dec and 4Q total on the same report.) At this time you have to pull two reports or add formulas when you import into excel....very time consuming.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unable to reach customer for more information. If you still feel this way, please re-submit the request with additional details so that we can understand your request better.

Thanks!

20. I need to be able to see ALL of my proposed and pending deals immediately.

Changing the Proposed and Pending deals off of the Bird's Eye View was a mistake. I can't quickly look at the deals I am currently working towards closing. The new change is simply unacceptable.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We understand the frustration that you must be feeling to have logged in and found all of these new changes. It would certainly be a jolt to me if I came into work on Monday and had to change my routine.

I’ve listed some of our rationale for the changes and offered up some alternative solutions for getting the information you are looking for. we feel they’re even faster than the My Deals pod ever was due to the additional functionality that can be done from those locations.

I encourage you to give this new experience a shot and if you aren’t satisfied after a couple of weeks, please reach back out to us. We’ll spend some time reviewing your process and how you use Matrix via a Webex in order to better learn your specific needs.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base