Skip to content

Matrix

Please use this area to let us know what you like, dislike, or would change about the product and/or services in order to better meet your needs in the way you do business. If we ask for more information, please respond in order to ensure your ideas have a better chance of being made a reality!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

188 results found

1. Build List using ALL Accounts within my Market

It is frustrating that I need to go though my Mgr to get a list of accounts within my Market that are taken vs. being able to do this on my own.

My Manager can easily do this via List Builder, I can only search name by name via the Master List.

Being able to do this on my own, affords me the ability to plan my day when visiting a particular city and/or town. I will already know what accounts are NOT taken, and would be able to quickly target them, and be much more productive.

Please let me…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Accounts  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You have Filters on the Master Account List. We’ve successfully worked with users to set Outlet filters for those in their market (which for most users is all Outlets that they have access to). Additionally you might want to remove yourself from the Salesperson filter so that you then only see accounts owned by people that aren’t you.

2. Entering deals in leads

Right now, AEs don't have the ability to enter deals in leads. However, our managers would like us to do so. We are only allowed a certain number of prospects, so this is a problem because they want this done for all leads as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I don’t think that this is something Matrix will be getting involved in. For Matrix, a lead is not a qualified account and if it is not qualified then you cannot begin to know their spending budget.

This sounds like a policy that your team may want to discuss as a group at your next sale steam meeting. Perhaps it’s totally valid and they have the numbers showing sales go down when too many accounts are in place and perhaps you have the proof that you can manage a larger set of accounts.

Either way it sounds like a bit of a hack to allow this kind of functionality to artificially grow your account list and I’m afraid that we must decline this feedback for the time being.

Thank you!

3. Changing Prospects back to Leads

We are only allowed to have a certain amount of prospects, so when we still want to hold onto the account as a lead but don't necessarily want it as one of our protected accounts...right now, we can't change it from a prospect to a lead.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This sounds like a bit of a hack in the sales process and I’m not sure that we want to do that. For Matrix, the difference between a Lead and a Prospect is that a prospect is qualified. It does not consider the amount of accounts a single salesperson is allowed to manage.

You might want to discuss a different policy in your weekly sales team meetings to try to be more accommodating as It’s probably hurting overall sales! Then again, perhaps its a great policy and forces each salesperson to focus on moving clients that are more inclined to buy. Not sure, but I don’t think Matrix will get involved in this one.

Sorry, but thanks for the feedback!

4. DELETING ACCOUNTS

I would be great for managers to be able to manually delete any account needed... even if they have been billed in the past. It is very frustrating not to be able to delete accounts that need to be deleted.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unable to get a response on this request for more information. Due to the way Matrix relies on accounts for pacing purposes we cannot do something like this. It’s also not a good CRM practice to remove data that may be useful in the future (I know that I cannot counter going out of business though).

If we can connect in the future I’d love to try and get to the root of this and understand it better.

5. phone number on website

I am having issues getting into Matrix. It would be nice to have a phone number on the main page to contact you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We will not be taking on this request as our records do not show this to be a common issue. Alternatively, our number is accessible by clicking into the Terms and then viewing the footer of the main Matrix page. 

Thanks for reaching out!

6. Booked Dollars not showing on the Project Report

I am very disappointed that Matrix Project report does not include actual booked dollars. In MatrixPlus this was very helpful to see side-by-side the pitched/sold $'s vs. what was actually booked.

Please tell me that you do have plans to have this added in the near future?!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not something that we plan to take on in the future with Projects. However, projects are being rewritten from the ground up and will have a much different feel from anything we’ve done in the past. From creation, to updating, to reporting we’re touching everything.

This will be out before the end of 2019 and we encourage you to take a look and provide feedback once enabled for your group.

Thanks for letting us know about your experience!

7. Revenue

For account executives: I'd like there to be a section on my home screen that would keep a running total of what my sales commission paycheck is going to be for the month. Additionally, there could be another tab that would show me how much more my paycheck would grow if I closed the pending deals in Matrix.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. select different Months on Watch List

Money Pages CEO would like to be able to look at months other than the current month on the Watch List pod. The green forward/back arrows like on the sales outlook.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Pods  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Watch List is going to be going away with a future installment of Matrix due out in 2017. However we have some great news!

We’re implementing a more powerful Alert Engine that can give you this kind of information as long as you know the type of data that you are interested in. Need to know when activities are created? Wish you knew when a deal was closed? Do you like to see recently created contacts? All of this and more can be created through alerts so we encourage you to think of some specific examples that you care about and let us know about them in preparation for the big real in 2017!

Thanks for the feedback!

9. Sales Outlook Pod: List Accounts when viewing by Outlet

When you are in the "bird's eye reports" and look at individual sales people, I would like to be able to look at the list of clients that are under each "outlet". . especially digital. This will save a lot of time vs. running a repot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

this is probably not something we are going to handle. The Bird’s Eye View was designed to be a very high level view, answering broad questions about your book of business. Specific questions were always meant to dig into a particular profile or even run a report to answer.

Moving forward we’re also going to be removing the Bird’s eye View as a name only. The functionality will still exist in an enhanced format in new Performance and Team page that will be introduced with our Monarch product. Follow us on twitter and visit us at upcoming events in order to learn more!

10. Global Deal Setting for Start Month and Year

Currently when trying to forecast for next year, all new deals default to current month + 12 months (my current default). This is nice, but I need to add an extra step to get the start month to be January, and the year to be 2015, not to mention what would happen if I forget to update the year as well!

It would save me (and others I am sure), a lot of time and effort if there was an additional option within the My Profile, Preference page for me to check as a "user defined" Deal default setting where…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Deals  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is probably not going to be built as it does not resonate with the direction Matrix is trying to move. We’re working closely with many different Ad Server and Billing systems that rely on the “deal” buy which typically isn’t a full year buy and more closely resembles a single ad campaign at a time.

If we find that this need is extremely important moving forward we will certainly take the time to investigate it more.

thanks so much for the feedback!

11. Top 50 Report

The issue for this report is that the top 50 last year are only on current year billing accounts. There could be a top 50 account from prior year that is currently not billing and would not show up.
    Problem for Rev/Prev because we cannot use to accurately reflect top accounts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to Access Espresso Shot from within Matrix

It's great to get the daily Expresso Shot overview of your business daily, but once you are working in Matrix there should also be a way to pull of that days summary overview within the system instead of having to go back to the email you received earlier that day.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Managers Watch List should report YTD

Managers watch list would be more accurate to show YTD instead of Year. Looking at yearly revenue against last year is only valid at the end of the year.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Watch List is a feature that will be going away in a future version of Matrix. It was not widely adopted, and we at Matrix feel that we missed the mark on what it was originally supposed to solve.

That being said…we offer a powerful new alert engine that can answer much more specific questions about your business so if there’s a particular “thing” that you’re watching let us know about it and we can think about creating a custom alert for you!

thanks for your feedback

14. Show AEs without Activities in Activity Report

The activity report should include data for all sellers with active accounts in Matrix. This will help managers identify AEs who are not entering activities. Perhaps even a filter on the report to say Show only Salespeople with no activities? - Feedback from Key Client

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This functionality was recently added in the forms of the Sales Productivity card on your home page. It's great for comparing salespeople to each other and a few of the metrics include activity creation and occurrence within a selected time period. Give it a try and we think you'll develop some new workflows to help coach your teams to greatness! Thanks!

15. Applying credits to month they were taken against, not month applied

Currently if a credit is done in the current month for a previous month, the adjustment goes against the current month billing. This does not give an accurate picture of billing. Also skews revenue and projections.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accounts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Matrix can only report billing on what is given to it. This sounds like it is more of a problem from your traffic/billing system in how it issues credits.

There would be no way for Matrix to know what month a credit would go into without human interaction or that a negative amount is even considered a credit vs some other type of adjustment that occurred.

Historically finance teams have frowned upon us giving salespeople the ability to make adjustments of any type, so given all of this I’m afraid we are unable to do anything about this feedback at this time.

16. Last Run Dates

Many times when I run a report, it still indicates that report as "Never Run". My manager will think I'm not paying attention as she'll think I've never run specific reports. This doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen MOST of the time. Why.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m afraid I am not able to recreate this. If this is still an issue, I’d recommend that you call our support team and see if they can help you out.

The last update should change when you click on the link, fill out the report dialog, and then let the chart and grid return on the report. Next time you go back to the reports page (or refresh it if it is currently open) you should see “Today” listed as the last run.

17. Add the ability to see Interactive Revenue on the birds eye view, by outlet.

The AE's need an easy way to identify their interactive revenue without having to run reports. Currently they have to look at revenue by station, which includes interactive. However, if they look at revenue type they can't clearly see how much they should deduct from each station goal to find their broadcast only goal.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Budgets  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a Bird’s Eye View of one attribute at a time. It is and has always been our belief that when you want more complex answers (relatively custom to their needs and not all users in general) that we direct users to a report.

I would recommend creating this report, saving it as a favorite, and then sharing it with your AEs. This has been a very successful method of ensuring AEs all get information in the same way that you do.

I can also tell you that in the future we’ll be putting together some functionality that will allow users (MGR and AE alike) to set thresholds based upon budgets, forecasts, activities, and a host of other things within Matrix Premium.

18. SalesPerson Preview

Would like to see account budgets on salesperson preview.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Due to the lack of usage with this feature, the Salesperson Preview will not be a part of newest product, Monarch. We’re focusing our efforts on answering similar questions and offering prescriptive answers on how to strategically manage your accounts, so stay tuned!

19. Favorite Report for special projects...need to see totals by outlet.

I have saved several "favorite" reports that show specific advertisers that have bought into each special project launched in 2014. I have the report sorted by Advertiser / Outlet...which is great for seeing the billing for each account...but the total rolls up into one number. I really need to see a total roll up by month PLUS a total for each outlet by month.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Favorites  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not something that we will be taking on in the future with Projects. The reason is because we are writing a new Projects module from the ground up for Monarch with new workflows, reporting, and maintenance capabilities.

This is due out before the end of 2019, so we encourage you to give it a try and provide feedback once the feature has been enabled for your group. We can’t wait to make this more of a first class citizen in our product for you!

Thanks!

20. Re: "Deals" - Coding other than "Won" or "Lost"

Means by which to connote "Deals" that are neither "Won" nor "Lost" due to market campaigns NOT being undertaken given de-funding or ultimate lack of client budget registrations

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Deals  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base