Skip to content

Matrix

Please use this area to let us know what you like, dislike, or would change about the product and/or services in order to better meet your needs in the way you do business. If we ask for more information, please respond in order to ensure your ideas have a better chance of being made a reality!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

16 results found

1. Entering Deals from the Account Page

In the new monarch interface, you cannot enter a deal from the account page. The only way I know of currently is to click the Add button at the top and then you must type in the account name and wait for it to populate the account and AE. The name of the deal defaults to the account name with Deal at the end. Of course, the deal name can be edited but it would be great if I could enter a deal from the account page so that it would automatically default to that account when I'm trying to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Deals  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

What you described is how deals are entered from the Account Profile. All Add actions are driven from the Add menu so that it’s universally understood how to navigate (the exception being Notes at this time).

When doing it from the Account profile, it automatically selects the account and salesperson. Saving the deal then takes you to the deal profile page where you can fill in the details of the deal be it the name, run dates, dollars, or add notes.

We’re actively working on performance across the board so hopefully that will translate to a faster experience for you as updates roll out throughout the year.

Thanks for reaching out to us!

2. deal longer than 12 months

It would be nice to be able to enter a deal that is longer than 12 months, which seems to be the maximum length available currently.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Deals  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is probably not something that we are going to take on. As we move forward we are working on many integrations with Billing system and Ad Servers that have much smaller chunks of time and offer the salesperson an opportunity to manage a feedback loop and plan for new changes.

We never run into scenarios where a salesperson truly knows beyond 12 months (and typically only in the case of a full year buy) and as such we have opted to not create a poorer user experience on screen with larger amounts of data like this.

If the need comes up in the future we will definitely consider handling it, but our experience shows that there are many other features that users want before this.

3. Nothing stating that anything is being saved when editing a Deal

When making a change to a Deal in Monarch, there is nothing displaying that changes are being saved. It would avoid confusion if there was some type of visual indicator stating that "changes have been saved"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is most likely not something that we are going to take on within Monarch.

Every input has a green checkmark. If you hover over it, you’ll see we call it the “Submit” button. Submits by nature are saves and we feel that calling out something on screen with our traditional green messages in the upper right would annoy users as they type and tab through values and if we updated a little message on screen each time it would not be noticed / be wasted development effort.

I will talk with our Success team that trains users to make sure they emphasize that we’re an inline saving solution, meaning most screens save as changes are made.

Thank you for your feedback, and please let us know if you have any additional insights to share!

4. Commission preset values

Not able to pre-set Deal commissions when they are different values but on the same outlet in Deal Defaults

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

That is correct. You don’t get different commissions on the same Outlet unless you specify the Revenue Type.

You get X% on Outlet1 / RevType1
    You get Y% on Outlet1 / RevType2

Think of it as you get a new business commission and you get a different commission for maintaining existing business.

We do not see this changing in the near future.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us!

5. Entering Deals for Pending/Forecasting in a grid style

right now we have to go to deals / then each account from the list on the left individually. If all your accounts came up at the same time with the months you selected in a grid style showing this year against last year it would help out so much. You could see the 'holes' in your pending for the month/quarter/year. and there would be no back and forth in the system to enter a deal/pending. It's just really hard when you cant see the whole snapshot on one screen.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It sounds like you’re actually asking for a way to find accounts without pending in future months so that you can fill those gaps. This is a great idea for a future alert that we should be building for our users! I am going to add that to our backlog of needs internally and see if we can get moving on it.

At Matrix we don’t feel this grid style approach is the future. Multiple orders can be placed, multiple campaigns can be running, and all of this can be happening at the same time. Without splitting up by Deal and Campaign you’re not able to meet these needs.

Also we’re strengthening our integrations with Ad Servers and Billing Systems so that you can enter data into Matrix and it will automatically flow into those systems eliminating double entry concerns.

6. Need a field that includes Budget on the Deal Managment page

It would be nice to be able to view the current years budget within the Deals Management area. Last years billing is available...but this years budget is not viewable.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve reviewed this idea and do not feel it is valuable enough compared to other features that we will be working on.

Knowing that a budget can exist on multiple levels from the Salesperson to the Outlet to the Account it would not be a clear picture as to what problem is trying to be solved while working on a deal.

7. Global Deal Setting for Start Month and Year

Currently when trying to forecast for next year, all new deals default to current month + 12 months (my current default). This is nice, but I need to add an extra step to get the start month to be January, and the year to be 2015, not to mention what would happen if I forget to update the year as well!

It would save me (and others I am sure), a lot of time and effort if there was an additional option within the My Profile, Preference page for me to check as a "user defined" Deal default setting where…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is probably not going to be built as it does not resonate with the direction Matrix is trying to move. We’re working closely with many different Ad Server and Billing systems that rely on the “deal” buy which typically isn’t a full year buy and more closely resembles a single ad campaign at a time.

If we find that this need is extremely important moving forward we will certainly take the time to investigate it more.

thanks so much for the feedback!

8. Weighted Pending

Allow us to weight the months differently when entering the same deal.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Deals  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Through talking with customers and gathering feedback in various discussions we’ve come to the conclusion that the majority of sales teams consider these to be separate deals and in turn weight a deal as a whole.

If you are positive about July/Aug/Sept, but less sure about Oct/Nov/Dec then we found most salespeople are really working 2 different proposals or deals, not 1.

I’m not sure if this will help to explain it better but one manager compared it to Priorities on Accounts in that the account as a whole has a priority. It’s not by Outlet. It’s the spending potential of the Account as a whole, or in this case it’s the confidence in the Deal as a whole.

9. Re: "Deals" - Coding other than "Won" or "Lost"

Means by which to connote "Deals" that are neither "Won" nor "Lost" due to market campaigns NOT being undertaken given de-funding or ultimate lack of client budget registrations

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Deals section needs to have actual run dates for pending business

We need to be able to enter actual flight dates for deals

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I need to be able to see ALL of my proposed and pending deals immediately.

Changing the Proposed and Pending deals off of the Bird's Eye View was a mistake. I can't quickly look at the deals I am currently working towards closing. The new change is simply unacceptable.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We understand the frustration that you must be feeling to have logged in and found all of these new changes. It would certainly be a jolt to me if I came into work on Monday and had to change my routine.

I’ve listed some of our rationale for the changes and offered up some alternative solutions for getting the information you are looking for. we feel they’re even faster than the My Deals pod ever was due to the additional functionality that can be done from those locations.

I encourage you to give this new experience a shot and if you aren’t satisfied after a couple of weeks, please reach back out to us. We’ll spend some time reviewing your process and how you use Matrix via a Webex in order to better learn your specific needs.

12. Allow tagging of Deals separate from tagging the entire account.

Allow for tagging of individual deals separate from tagging the entire account. This would allow tracking of pending business either for annuals or specific initiatives.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We haven’t heard much along the lines of folks needing something like this or how they might use it when reporting so I’m afraid we’re going to decline for now.

Obviously if a major need comes up in the future and the world needs this then we’ll want to get back on it!

Thanks for your feedback!

13. Add a look at all potential closers to the managers Bird's Eye or Street Level view

Add a box for potential closers somewhere on the manager's dashboard that would give an overall look at potential closers for the staff. It would help us to make sure deals are being marked as won as we look at pending business.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I want to be able to forecast using the forecast by account screen.

This allows me to see the big picture for all of my accounts.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Turn an Activity into a Deal

Give AE's the ability to modify an activity and turn it into a deal so that it follows the sales cycle and requires less typed entries

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declining due to lack of activity and requested clarification from 6/29/12

If you believe this enhancement will be of great use to you and other users, please resubmit it along with additional information so that we can begin discussing how to handle it. In its current state, we are unable to decipher the meaning.

Thanks!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base