Skip to content

Matrix

Please use this area to let us know what you like, dislike, or would change about the product and/or services in order to better meet your needs in the way you do business. If we ask for more information, please respond in order to ensure your ideas have a better chance of being made a reality!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

33 results found

1. Import Budgets into Matrix

If I have budgets entered into Matrix but need to change them. If I export the budgets out, I would like to be able to re-import them back in, after I have made changes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Budgets  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This has been implemented and is a great option for the current budgeting season! Simply choose to download the budget from the Budget list via the gear option, fill out your budget information, and then import it back into Matrix.

This does not work with the export on the template itself so be sure to do it from the Budget List! If you have any questions please contact support and we’ll walk you through the process.

Thanks for the feedback!

2. Have the managements birds eye view include budget adjustments

The adjustment feature that was implemented does not have much value if it is not included in the budget figure on Managements Bird's Eye View. The Budget that upper management is looking at when they open the Birds Eye View is in-accurate!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Budgets  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve been working on a feature that will essentially do the same thing as this but in a different way that should be a lot easier on all of the parties involved.This is something that we like to call Top Down / Bottom Up Budgeting. I touched on it on another feedback request as well so I want to share our feature with you all here too.

This will allow corporate / management to push down a budget one way and then allow AEs and station managers to push up another way. As a manager, you can then choose how you want to view the budget..Top Down or Bottom Up…when running reports or viewing your Sales Outlook Pod. Salespeople will only ever see Bottom Up budgets.

We found that a lot of folks started using adjustments in complicated ways making it difficult to enter budgets and then complicated to support…

3. Be able to "hide" budgets until all of the amounts are entered in.

When I am entering in budgets for my AE's, I would like to be able to "hide" or "keep out of view" the budget amounts from the AE's until I am fully done entering in all of the budgets. I don't want the AE's to see the numbers as I am going along and entering them in. But rather see them after all of the budgets, for all of the AE's have been entered.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We now allow you to export your budgets so that you can enter them in Excel as a flattened list. Once done, you import them back into Matrix. We feel that this will be a faster experience in a more familiar environment for most folks entering budgets. In order to handle your scenario, simply do not import the budgets until you have them all finished but make sure to not edit them within Matrix as well or you run the risk of overwriting the data on import!

This is live so please give it a go and see if it makes your life easier.

Thanks for the feedback!

4. Remember filters on budget worksheet, lists, and anywhere else that I edit filters

As a manager, when I work on the budget worksheet I often find myself setting the same filters each time. It would be nice if Matrix would remember the filters from the last successful run and use them each time I access the page. Sorting on your pods would need the same idea. You can apply this to every filterable/sortable list and pod as well

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Budgets  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a core feature of our new Monarch product. As pages are updated for Monarch, they are getting the sticky filter treatment!

We’re happy to hear that so many of you agree that this is a need, and we can’t wait to see you all in Monarch soon!

5. change budget based on percentage

the ability to increase the budget monthly amount by a percentage based on the previous year.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have just completed work for this feature. In fact you can choose multiple years that you wish to increase the budget by a percentage.

You can expect it in our next release due out very soon!

Thanks for your patience

6. When building Budgets it would be nice to include the next year of business along with the historical actuals

We are currently building 2013 budgets. When you expand to show historical billing could you include the revenue for the next year so that the dollars correctly reflect annual billing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have added the next year of revenue onto the historical revenue options for items on the Budget worksheet. Hopefully this helps you in determining budgets for the next year.

Thanks for the idea!

7. Add a station (outlet) budget field

Would like the ability to add station (outlet) budget that would roll-up. Often times these are different than the roll-up of the AE budgets.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have completed work on Adjustment budgets. Adjustments allow managers to add or subtract numbers from the normal roll-up budget without changing the numbers that make the roll-up work.

You should be receiving this update this week.

Thanks for your patience!

8. When entering budgets would like to see additional columns

TY Actual, LY Actual are good for reference

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We just finished testing this feature as part of our budget overhaul. You can expect to see this in our September 15th release!

Thanks for hanging in there! We wanted to make sure our new budgeting process would meet or exceed the vast majority of our users needs and this required a lot of additional planning!

Can’t wait to show this off soon!

9. Add the ability to add items so that I can budget for them

I need the ability to add dollars and items each month.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We just released our updated budgets over the weekend.

You’ll want to reach out to our service and support team when you are ready to enter budgets and they will go over some great time saving techniques in getting the most out of your budgeting experience. Adding new items for this year’s budget turned out to be a huge hit and we can’t wait for you to get in there and try it out when ready!

If you have any questions, please give us a call at (877)687-9066 in order to get in touch with our support team .

Thanks for the great idea!!

10. Copy to other months

Would like to copy to other months on the budget screen. This was a time save in v4.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m thrilled to report that you will have the ability to copy a single budget number to other months when entering budgets! We didn’t think that we would be able to do this for the initial overhaul, but our developers really wanted this for you guys and busted butt to get it done.

Can’t wait for you all to take a look at this on September 15th when we pull the curtain off the new budgeting process!

11. Allow for a 12 month Budget entry screen instead of one month at a time

Currently the script does not allow forthe page layout to stay the same as you move from one month to the next. A 12 month layout would work best.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We just released our updated budgets over the weekend.

You’ll want to reach out to our service and support team when you are ready to enter budgets and they will go over some great time saving techniques in getting the most out of your budgeting experience.

If you have any questions, please give us a call at (877)687-9066 in order to get in touch with our support team .

Thanks for the great idea!!

12. Add the function of budgeting on an account level instead of a Salesperson level.

Currently you can only forecast on a salesperson level. For purposes of pacing and year over year growth, we would like to be able to budget a monthly amount for every client. I currently see the place for the account budget but management can not add this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are right on track for a September 15th release date which will include the ability for salespeople to budget by accounts! In fact, we just finished testing this piece and are thrilled with the way it has turned out.

Thank you all for your patience. Can’t wait to get this in your hands!

13. Provide ability to view budgets by revenue type group

I need to see revenue separated by agency and direct, but my budget is reported on Spot, which is the group over agency and direct.

I'd like to have a way to view a budget on the revenue type group

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have finished work on a Budget Analysis page as part of Matrix Premium that will allow you to easily analyze and understand budgets from a grouping standpoint.

Keep your eyes peeled for the orange update message in the near future as this is going to be ready by the end of the month!

If you’d like more information about getting Matrix Premium please give our sales team a call at 877.687.9066

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base