Skip to content

Matrix

Please use this area to let us know what you like, dislike, or would change about the product and/or services in order to better meet your needs in the way you do business. If we ask for more information, please respond in order to ensure your ideas have a better chance of being made a reality!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

33 results found

1. Import/Upload Monarch Budgets

Allow the ability to import/upload budgets

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Budgets  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This has been completed. You now have the ability to export your budgets for offline editing and then importing the changes back in.

Exercise caution so that only one person is exporting and importing at a time or you run the risk of overwriting the changes of others!

2. Sorting Budget Column

Would like to be able to sort by the months (ascending/descending) within the budget interface. this will allow me to bring lines with/without budget to the top so I can more easily edit them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Months are now sortable when entering budgets. Additionally you can choose to hide rows without a budget later in the budget workflow so that you are only working with budgets > $0.

Thanks for the feedback!

3. Exporting the budget from the budget template page should be disabled

I exported the budget from from the budget template page. Then I modified the budget numbers and tried to import the template into Matrix. However, I was unable to do so. If the budget couldn't be imported back into Matrix, this feature should be disabled

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We provide a way to export and import the budget from the budget landing page and as a result have made sure that the option is clearer when you want to export for offline edit and importing again.

Thanks for the feedback!

4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Budgets  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

With filters and autofill on the same page, you can more easily autofill by Outlet now by changing the filters to reflect that one or more outlets that you wish to autofill.

Thanks for the feedback!

6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Noting that this functionality does exist and completing the feedback request.

These particular budgets were build awkwardly and the Matrix Success team has since discussed how to handle in the future.

7. Budget List

It would be awesome if the budget list had a column for created date and total $ in the template.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This has been completed and released this past weekend! Note that created date is not part of this since we no longer have templates, but you will get dollars and totals now :)

Thanks!

8. New Fields on the Budget Template

The current budget template supports: Account, Outlet, Office, Sales Person and Revenue type
    We would like to additional fields like Category and others.

Category is the highest priority

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Category is now a new item that you can place a budget against in the new budget experience.

If you did not opt to join us for the new experience this 2018 Budget season you will get your chance for the 2019 season.

Looking forward to providing everyone with an easier budgeting experience from here on out!

9. entering new budget for the new year, if matrix technical support could assist by importing our client lists , this would be extremly helpfu

while inputting budget increases currently our 2016 is blank. If the Matrix technical support team could import our client list to our 2016 new budget list , this would be extremely helpful and time saving. we are unable to copy and paste on our end but I am assuming this is something you can do on your end. Is this something you can do or work on doing in the very near future?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to lock by month for budgets

I am told we can only lock all or nothing on the budgets. This is a huge problem as AE's often make mistakes and change things on the wrong months. In the old system we had the ability to lock off months/quarters. Please fix this!!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This has been completed and released as part of last weekend’s budget updates! Thanks so much for the feedback. We’ll be looking to push a ton of additional updates out over the next few weeks around budgets too!

11. Allow AE's to change their Budget Hierarchy

I am really struggling to why Matrix does not allow the AE to change their hierarchy like a manager can.

Our current mandated hierarchy is Office, Salesperson, Outlet, Account, Revenue Type. The AE is taxed with different % increases for each revenue type, and with this current template, it is impossible to see the totals for each.

In addition, I have already applied the associated percentage to each revenue type by Salesperson, and now Matrix does show a budget for each account, revenue type, and outlet, so why is the AE stuck with having revenue type as the last line…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please note that this is not yet in production for you to use, but this particular request has been addressed and will be available in our next big release this September!

Hierarchies will no longer exist! Blasphemy you say? Well after researching how salespeople and their managers do budgets we found that an overwhelming majority export them for offline use and then import a back into Matrix. Puzzled…we asked why and found out it is because you like that flattened view of budgets with the ability to sort and add numbers free of a hierarchy.

After much rejoicing from learning how you like to work, we built a solution that allows you to set a focus on what you want to budget by. Perhaps as a salesperson you want to budget by account and place your dollars in each Outlet. Perhaps you’d rather budget by Account and place your dollars…

12. Budget: want to add an % increase to next year's budget based on this year's FORECAST instead of the billing

Since we are doing our 2015 budget in October of 2014, we haven't closed out Nov/Dec yet. So when we apply the % increase based on the 2014 actual billing, naturally 2015's Nov/Dec will be incorrect and you have to manually adjust them. In the old Matrix Plus, we could apply the % increase to the 2014 Forecast instead, and then the 2015 Nov/Dec would be "more correct" and you wouldn't have to manually adjust.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This has been completed and released as part of last weekend’s budget updates! Thanks so much for the feedback. We’ll be looking to push a ton of additional updates out over the next few weeks around budgets too!

13. Budget Template does not automatically display recently imported accounts after it has been created

The budget template does not update with new accounts that are imported after the template is created. I feel those accounts should be automatically added to the template without having to manually add them myself.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Budgets  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please note that this is not yet in production for you to use, but this particular request has been addressed and will be available in our next big release this September!

Templates have been removed and instead replaced with a dynamically driven budgeting system that knows when you add/remove accounts to your account list.

Many more enhancements are coming around budgets so look out for some updates in the near future!

14. Edit budget by accounts from Birdseye view

Enter budget by account from Birdseye view. As a manager, I want to see LY/TY/pending as I complete the budget. Currently you can not view the forecast while budgeting and if entering by account, you must click on every account to enter a budget number. Very time consuming. The old version allowed you to right click to see forecast and notes

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have addressed much of this request with our new budgeting experience.

You can easily see LY/TY amounts in the budget without the need for extra clicks to get the information.

You can automatically increase your budget by the forecast amount (which should be your first step in order to save a ton of time!)

I can’t say we’re sold on the idea of notes from deals while entering budgets simply because using the automatic increase from forecast should already take that into consideration for you if you keep your forecast accurate and up to date.

We’re extremely excited to get feedback on the new budgeting experience so when you get your hands on it, don’t hesitate to give us a call when done to let us know how we did!

15. Need to be able to budget against each station and new business but not include nb in the total

Need to be able to budget against all stations and new business, but not include new business in my total. Forecast example if my budget was 100,000 and my new business budget was 20,000 my budget would not be 120,000.

This situation would apply to all 28 stations

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We implemented a Top Down and Bottom Up approach to budgeting which allows you 2 separate buckets of budgeting. Salespeople only have access to Bottom Up so you might want to create a Top Down budget that looks at a different set of numbers.

One thing to note is that the two types of budgets can never be added together so if you wanted to only show $100,000 to salespeople but you wanted to see $120,000 then you’d want to create the top down to reflect the $120,000 and not just $20,000.

Hope this helps! Check with your Success Manager at Matrix if you have any additional questions.

Thanks for the feedback!

16. Percentage vs Dollars Toggle Function on Birds Eye View

Would be great if we could toggle between %'s and $'s in several of these reports. For example Education Category is at 1.1M vs $780 last year. What is difference and what is % change?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have taken this feedback into consideration and implemented it with a feature that will be out in the future as part of our Monarch product.

Monarch will be rolling out after July 2017 and through 2018 so keep your eyes peeled for newsletters, events, and and training opportunities from Matrix around Monarch!

Thanks so much for your feedback!

17. AE budget changes that don't change station budgets in the financial side

We need the ability to update and change AE budgets with out it impacting our overall station budgets after they have been finalized. AE's come and go and budgets get added to accounts through out the year. The current system requires the analysts to go in after we make AE budget changes and balance it out to make sure it matches our station budgets.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Budgets  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is something that we like to call Top Down / Bottom Up Budgeting. I touched on it on another feedback request as well so I want to share our feature with you all here too.

This will allow corporate / management to push down a budget one way and then allow AEs and station managers to push up another way. As a manager, you can then choose how you want to view the budget..Top Down or Bottom Up…when running reports or viewing your Sales Outlook Pod. Salespeople will only ever see Bottom Up budgets.

We found that a lot of folks started using adjustments in complicated ways making it difficult to enter budgets and then complicated to support if problems came up…and others were worried about making modifications within Matrix and instead turned to spreadsheets outside of Matrix. Yuck!

With this it’s a simple black and white approach for…

18. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Reports/Birds Eye View

It would be nice to have an option in "reports" to show where you are to your budget-- I know you can view this in the Birdseye; however, you can't export the Birdseye to excel.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Budgets  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have a couple of reports that will show you where you relative to your budget.
    Check out the Budget Report under the Revenue Reports tab or the Forecasting Report under the Forecast & Deals Tab.

A member of our support team will reach out to you and help setup one or both of these reports to see if it answers your questions.

Thanks!

20. Import Budgets into Matrix

If I have budgets entered into Matrix but need to change them. If I export the budgets out, I would like to be able to re-import them back in, after I have made changes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This has been implemented and is a great option for the current budgeting season! Simply choose to download the budget from the Budget list via the gear option, fill out your budget information, and then import it back into Matrix.

This does not work with the export on the template itself so be sure to do it from the Budget List! If you have any questions please contact support and we’ll walk you through the process.

Thanks for the feedback!

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base