Skip to content

Matrix

Please use this area to let us know what you like, dislike, or would change about the product and/or services in order to better meet your needs in the way you do business. If we ask for more information, please respond in order to ensure your ideas have a better chance of being made a reality!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

188 results found

1. Commission Report

Commission report should report based on actuals and forecasted dollars amounts. Gives a more realistic feel of where the AE is going to finish.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not likely something we will take on with our current direction at Matrix.  

Writing our own commission module isn't where we want to be when other systems already handle this, but that does NOT rule out an integration with one of these systems you may already have. 

We encourage you to speak with your success manager if you think an integration would be valuable SOW work.

Thank you.

2. Show AEs without Activities in Activity Report

The activity report should include data for all sellers with active accounts in Matrix. This will help managers identify AEs who are not entering activities. Perhaps even a filter on the report to say Show only Salespeople with no activities? - Feedback from Key Client

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This functionality was recently added in the forms of the Sales Productivity card on your home page. It's great for comparing salespeople to each other and a few of the metrics include activity creation and occurrence within a selected time period. Give it a try and we think you'll develop some new workflows to help coach your teams to greatness! Thanks!

3. Last Run Dates

Many times when I run a report, it still indicates that report as "Never Run". My manager will think I'm not paying attention as she'll think I've never run specific reports. This doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen MOST of the time. Why.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m afraid I am not able to recreate this. If this is still an issue, I’d recommend that you call our support team and see if they can help you out.

The last update should change when you click on the link, fill out the report dialog, and then let the chart and grid return on the report. Next time you go back to the reports page (or refresh it if it is currently open) you should see “Today” listed as the last run.

4. Export and Print Street Level and Brid's Eye View

I would like to be able to export and print my Street Level and Bird's eye View into Excel.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

we feel that there is too much to interact with and too much scrolling for a solution to be built that would meet a user’s needs and offer a good experience that user would actually want to use.

We are opting to not implement a feature like this when you have multiple pods on screen that could possibly have dozens of results within that require scrolling.

5. Please add the previous year to Sales Person Preview

Would like to see the previous year in the salesperson pods (on the right side of the screen.) Some accounts are seasonal and haven't billed yet for the current year. Would help to see the entire picture.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have decided to focus our efforts on our Monarch product which does not have this feature due to consistent lack of use within Matrix Web and previous products.

We have instead provided ways for managers to find the accounts that should be reassigned in order to keep communication flowing instead of playing out what if scenarios that only focused on revenue for decision making. We have also taken a look from the other end as a salesperson requesting ownership of Accounts as this is a growing trend and need of our users.

Thank you for your feedback!

6. Add the ability to see Interactive Revenue on the birds eye view, by outlet.

The AE's need an easy way to identify their interactive revenue without having to run reports. Currently they have to look at revenue by station, which includes interactive. However, if they look at revenue type they can't clearly see how much they should deduct from each station goal to find their broadcast only goal.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Budgets  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a Bird’s Eye View of one attribute at a time. It is and has always been our belief that when you want more complex answers (relatively custom to their needs and not all users in general) that we direct users to a report.

I would recommend creating this report, saving it as a favorite, and then sharing it with your AEs. This has been a very successful method of ensuring AEs all get information in the same way that you do.

I can also tell you that in the future we’ll be putting together some functionality that will allow users (MGR and AE alike) to set thresholds based upon budgets, forecasts, activities, and a host of other things within Matrix Premium.

7. SalesPerson Preview

Would like to see account budgets on salesperson preview.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Due to the lack of usage with this feature, the Salesperson Preview will not be a part of newest product, Monarch. We’re focusing our efforts on answering similar questions and offering prescriptive answers on how to strategically manage your accounts, so stay tuned!

8. Shocked that you cannot change Bird's Eye view from Net to Gross

I think it is imperative that the Birds Eye View--just like the reports--have the ability to toggle between Gross and Net billing. Currently we are being advised that the Bird's Eye View can only pull Net billing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accounts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It is a Bird’s Eye View. It is meant to give you analysis opportunities on where you want to learn more and dig into by viewing the default calendar as chosen by decision makers that purchased Matrix.

Our reports are still the best place to go when you want to find an exact answer for other calendars, in depth filtering, and multiple hierarchies of information. think of the Bird’s Eye View as saying “Whoa, XYZ Furniture is only spending $10,000 this month but they spent $40,000 same time last year? I need to investigate this”

We’re sorry that you feel differently, but I hope that you now understand the intent of this Page/Pod and a little bit of the philosophy behind Matrix.

9. Weighted Pending

Allow us to weight the months differently when entering the same deal.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Deals  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Through talking with customers and gathering feedback in various discussions we’ve come to the conclusion that the majority of sales teams consider these to be separate deals and in turn weight a deal as a whole.

If you are positive about July/Aug/Sept, but less sure about Oct/Nov/Dec then we found most salespeople are really working 2 different proposals or deals, not 1.

I’m not sure if this will help to explain it better but one manager compared it to Priorities on Accounts in that the account as a whole has a priority. It’s not by Outlet. It’s the spending potential of the Account as a whole, or in this case it’s the confidence in the Deal as a whole.

10. Add a forecast section to the Revenue Summary Report

I like the fact that I can see a budget on this report, but I'd like it even more if I could see if there is a forecast in place for accounts, especially those that are non returning in order to know that they will be returning.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is probably not the best location for this kind of action. With deals in place we allow for multiple orders/campaigns to run at the same time and simply putting in dollar amounts (which the reports need to focus on) will not be enough of a user experience for our future endeavors.

We have some awesome integrations planned so keep your ears open for that news soon.

11. Favorite Report for special projects...need to see totals by outlet.

I have saved several "favorite" reports that show specific advertisers that have bought into each special project launched in 2014. I have the report sorted by Advertiser / Outlet...which is great for seeing the billing for each account...but the total rolls up into one number. I really need to see a total roll up by month PLUS a total for each outlet by month.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Favorites  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not something that we will be taking on in the future with Projects. The reason is because we are writing a new Projects module from the ground up for Monarch with new workflows, reporting, and maintenance capabilities.

This is due out before the end of 2019, so we encourage you to give it a try and provide feedback once the feature has been enabled for your group. We can’t wait to make this more of a first class citizen in our product for you!

Thanks!

12. Preview - Need to see what the account list would look like for the new AE

Not only do need to consider totals, but we also need to consider relationships. And review the big picture.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Not sure that we can handle a subjective request like considering relationships. We’re going to decline this but if you think we can make this a more objective solution based on data then by all means we want to chat with you about that and understand your needs better.

Thanks for the feedback!

13. Re: "Deals" - Coding other than "Won" or "Lost"

Means by which to connote "Deals" that are neither "Won" nor "Lost" due to market campaigns NOT being undertaken given de-funding or ultimate lack of client budget registrations

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Deals  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Provide an option for using existing Account or Agency address within Matrix during contact imports

When I import contacts into Matrix, it would be nice if I could have an option to use the existing Account or Agency address within Matrix (if applicable) when a field is empty or isn't mapped.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add option in Bird's Eye View under Revenue to see dollars that are FORECASTED as well as what is already booked.

It would be very helpful to see dollars that are forecasted as well as dollars already booked with accessing an account using Bird's Eye View. While it is good to see revenue that is already placed, we often need to see what revenue is pending to see how the account will finish a period of time. The only way to see this currently is to pull a Forecast report and sift through all the accounts to find the one we are need to review. Bird's Eye View enables us to look at only the account we need to see. So…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accounts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11/6 – Unable to connect. Returned a VM left by requester but was unable to get back in touch.

I feel you can get this information already via the Pending column as that’s part of the Forecast formula.

Please don’t hesitate to give out support line a call if you have any additional questions at 877.687.9066

16. Forecasting and Pacing Reports - Month+2 include Totals for the Period

Have the option to list the "Totals" for the 3 month period (i.e.: Oct/Nov/Dec and 4Q total on the same report.) At this time you have to pull two reports or add formulas when you import into excel....very time consuming.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unable to reach customer for more information. If you still feel this way, please re-submit the request with additional details so that we can understand your request better.

Thanks!

17. Deals section needs to have actual run dates for pending business

We need to be able to enter actual flight dates for deals

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Deals  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Activities Default

have an option in preferences to select complete as the default

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activities  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Doing this would not work with how a CRM is best utilized. You should want to be putting future activities in Matrix so that you can strategically plan with your accounts. If you’re always putting in activities after the fact, you’re probably just doing it to satisfy your manager and we can’t imagine that is their intent with activities either.

We will unfortunately be declining this request, but thank you very much for the thought!

19. I need to be able to see ALL of my proposed and pending deals immediately.

Changing the Proposed and Pending deals off of the Bird's Eye View was a mistake. I can't quickly look at the deals I am currently working towards closing. The new change is simply unacceptable.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Deals  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We understand the frustration that you must be feeling to have logged in and found all of these new changes. It would certainly be a jolt to me if I came into work on Monday and had to change my routine.

I’ve listed some of our rationale for the changes and offered up some alternative solutions for getting the information you are looking for. we feel they’re even faster than the My Deals pod ever was due to the additional functionality that can be done from those locations.

I encourage you to give this new experience a shot and if you aren’t satisfied after a couple of weeks, please reach back out to us. We’ll spend some time reviewing your process and how you use Matrix via a Webex in order to better learn your specific needs.

20. Pending

Place pending that was once on the Bird's Eye View page back...as a sales person, seing this information on the same page as booked is much more efficient and at the end of the day this is a sales rep tool. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please refer to my comments on this request. A lot of thought went into removing that pod or not and the consensus was yes…remove it because the functionality can already be accessed from so many other locations including the same page.

I’ve offered up some reasoning and alternative solutions on the comment of this request.

Sorry for the confusion and change.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base