Skip to content

Matrix

Please use this area to let us know what you like, dislike, or would change about the product and/or services in order to better meet your needs in the way you do business. If we ask for more information, please respond in order to ensure your ideas have a better chance of being made a reality!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

188 results found

1. Print report parameters

Add the ability to print the parameters of any report without the yielded results. Would identify all searched criteria instead to the returned results.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is most likely not something that we will take on.

However, we have added the hierarchy and time frames to our new reporting framework so that when you export to Excel you will see that information.

Posting all of the filters selected or excluded without the benefit of our grouping structure and UI would be difficult to provide in a clean user experience.

2. Booked Dollars not showing on the Project Report

I am very disappointed that Matrix Project report does not include actual booked dollars. In MatrixPlus this was very helpful to see side-by-side the pitched/sold $'s vs. what was actually booked.

Please tell me that you do have plans to have this added in the near future?!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is not something that we plan to take on in the future with Projects. However, projects are being rewritten from the ground up and will have a much different feel from anything we’ve done in the past. From creation, to updating, to reporting we’re touching everything.

This will be out before the end of 2019 and we encourage you to take a look and provide feedback once enabled for your group.

Thanks for letting us know about your experience!

3. Would like to archive billing history.

Need to see 2 presidential election cycles. After that everything is just clutter.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is probably not something that we intend to do. Matrix never forces a large amount of revenue on you at once. Nearly everything can be filtered to get your view a bit more refined.

There is little reason to do something like this over more valuable features and requests and we know that many of our customers would dislike a feature like this.

4. setting up your password

When a new user receives an email for a password request, it is not clear from the link that they should add a new password themselves. Would be helpful to state that in the email.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sent a video on logging into Matrix which contains information about the email that the user receives. In the email, and on screen prompts, it mentions clicking the link to complete the log in process which requests a new password.

I couldn’t get additional feedback/clarity on the issue so I am closing this out.

If you feel that this is still an issue that needs addressed you are welcome to respond back with additional information and we’ll open this back up.

Thanks for reaching out to us!

5. Revenue

For account executives: I'd like there to be a section on my home screen that would keep a running total of what my sales commission paycheck is going to be for the month. Additionally, there could be another tab that would show me how much more my paycheck would grow if I closed the pending deals in Matrix.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. activities function more user friendly

It would help if the activities function was more user friendly. When completing an activity, the program should take you to the next activity, not to the beginning of all activities.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

unable to obtain additional information. If you can provide additional info on what your workflow is that should be enough to understand the need better.

At this time, I’m going to recommend that activities are completed as they occur. Whether at your desk making cold calls via the desktop website or on the road meeting with customers via the mobile site. You’ll always have the freshest information for your notes if you get in this habit which will almost guarantee not forgetting the details.

I equate this to my own role here at Matrix with requirements gathering and feedback. As the feedback happens, I take notes and adjust requirements to meet our needs instead of waiting for the next prioritization meeting. This helps me be more prepared and better suited towards making a great decision for our customers :)

Don’t hesitate to reply back if you want to discuss this…

7. Need a field that includes Budget on the Deal Managment page

It would be nice to be able to view the current years budget within the Deals Management area. Last years billing is available...but this years budget is not viewable.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Deals  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve reviewed this idea and do not feel it is valuable enough compared to other features that we will be working on.

Knowing that a budget can exist on multiple levels from the Salesperson to the Outlet to the Account it would not be a clear picture as to what problem is trying to be solved while working on a deal.

8. Salesperson Preview

I am working on list scenarios and it would be helpful to allow other users to access the previews for review. As the GSM, I want the LSM to have the ability to review the propsed changes

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General UI  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have decided to focus our efforts on our Monarch product which does not have this feature due to consistent lack of use within Matrix Web and previous products.

We have instead provided ways for managers to find the accounts that should be reassigned in order to keep communication flowing instead of playing out what if scenarios that only focused on revenue for decision making. We have also taken a look from the other end as a salesperson requesting ownership of Accounts as this is a growing trend and need of our users.

Thank you for your feedback!

9. that quarters can save when you run report

every time I go into deals I need to update pending and then go down to 2013 and look at what I got last year to give accurate pending...quarter should be set to reflect 4th 2014 vs. 4th 2013 in this area.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Budgets  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declining due to lack of information.

I provided a possible explanation/solution in my first comment back, but if that doesn’t match your experience do not hesitate to reply back and help us to understand your needs a bit better.

Thanks!

10. select different Months on Watch List

Money Pages CEO would like to be able to look at months other than the current month on the Watch List pod. The green forward/back arrows like on the sales outlook.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Pods  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Watch List is going to be going away with a future installment of Matrix due out in 2017. However we have some great news!

We’re implementing a more powerful Alert Engine that can give you this kind of information as long as you know the type of data that you are interested in. Need to know when activities are created? Wish you knew when a deal was closed? Do you like to see recently created contacts? All of this and more can be created through alerts so we encourage you to think of some specific examples that you care about and let us know about them in preparation for the big real in 2017!

Thanks for the feedback!

11. Sales Outlook Pod: List Accounts when viewing by Outlet

When you are in the "bird's eye reports" and look at individual sales people, I would like to be able to look at the list of clients that are under each "outlet". . especially digital. This will save a lot of time vs. running a repot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

this is probably not something we are going to handle. The Bird’s Eye View was designed to be a very high level view, answering broad questions about your book of business. Specific questions were always meant to dig into a particular profile or even run a report to answer.

Moving forward we’re also going to be removing the Bird’s eye View as a name only. The functionality will still exist in an enhanced format in new Performance and Team page that will be introduced with our Monarch product. Follow us on twitter and visit us at upcoming events in order to learn more!

12. account list search option

Would it be possible to use the search option in the account list area to search by AE bringing all of that AE's accounts to the top of the Account List? This would be a lot quicker than filtering.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Declining until we can know more information about the flow around this request. Please get back to us whenever you have a moment in the future and we’ll re-open this request.

Once clearly defined, other users will be able to better vote on it and help in prioritizing future functionality.

Thanks!!

13. shared accounts

Would it be possible when setting up shared accounts that we could be given an expiration date option for all AE's that are sharing? For instance if I want the primary AE to expire b/c he/she is leaving and I want the AE I'm adding to share to continue handling the account. Currently only the AE I'm adding to share is given the expiration date. But usually if I'm adding an AE to share it's because they will be taking over the account.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In all likelihood, this will most likely not be something that we incorporate into the product. It has garnered little support over the last 4 years and seems pretty niche in the amount of times it should be happening and the number of people it is impacting relative to many other improvements we could make.

Thank you for the feedback!

14. need more options

Posting, makegoods, budgets

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Activities  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unable to collect enough information. I encourage you to submit this again but let us know what you’re trying to do, the questions that you are trying to answers, and any workflow around this topic that would help us design a solution that helps you to be a faster, smarter, more efficient salesperson.

Thanks!

15. Global Deal Setting for Start Month and Year

Currently when trying to forecast for next year, all new deals default to current month + 12 months (my current default). This is nice, but I need to add an extra step to get the start month to be January, and the year to be 2015, not to mention what would happen if I forget to update the year as well!

It would save me (and others I am sure), a lot of time and effort if there was an additional option within the My Profile, Preference page for me to check as a "user defined" Deal default setting where…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Deals  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is probably not going to be built as it does not resonate with the direction Matrix is trying to move. We’re working closely with many different Ad Server and Billing systems that rely on the “deal” buy which typically isn’t a full year buy and more closely resembles a single ad campaign at a time.

If we find that this need is extremely important moving forward we will certainly take the time to investigate it more.

thanks so much for the feedback!

16. copy info from account to contact

in addition to copying the address, copy over the phone, fax, website, etc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

These are not meant to be the values from the company that the contact is affiliated with.

We will unfortunately be declining this request as we will most likely not take this on.

17. Top 50 Report

The issue for this report is that the top 50 last year are only on current year billing accounts. There could be a top 50 account from prior year that is currently not billing and would not show up.
    Problem for Rev/Prev because we cannot use to accurately reflect top accounts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reports  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to Access Espresso Shot from within Matrix

It's great to get the daily Expresso Shot overview of your business daily, but once you are working in Matrix there should also be a way to pull of that days summary overview within the system instead of having to go back to the email you received earlier that day.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Managers Watch List should report YTD

Managers watch list would be more accurate to show YTD instead of Year. Looking at yearly revenue against last year is only valid at the end of the year.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Watch List is a feature that will be going away in a future version of Matrix. It was not widely adopted, and we at Matrix feel that we missed the mark on what it was originally supposed to solve.

That being said…we offer a powerful new alert engine that can answer much more specific questions about your business so if there’s a particular “thing” that you’re watching let us know about it and we can think about creating a custom alert for you!

thanks for your feedback

20. Applying credits to month they were taken against, not month applied

Currently if a credit is done in the current month for a previous month, the adjustment goes against the current month billing. This does not give an accurate picture of billing. Also skews revenue and projections.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Accounts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Matrix can only report billing on what is given to it. This sounds like it is more of a problem from your traffic/billing system in how it issues credits.

There would be no way for Matrix to know what month a credit would go into without human interaction or that a negative amount is even considered a credit vs some other type of adjustment that occurred.

Historically finance teams have frowned upon us giving salespeople the ability to make adjustments of any type, so given all of this I’m afraid we are unable to do anything about this feedback at this time.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base